ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES IN HUDDERSFIELDArchitectural services in Huddersfield and West Yorkshire by expert architectural designers
One of the largest areas we offer architectural services in is Huddersfield. The CK Architectural Leeds team move around West Yorkshire frequently, and no matter where you are, we’re on hand to give you the design services you need, offering house extensions, loft conversions, complete new build designs, commercial architecture and a range of additional services even on top of those, all to the highest standard.
We have over half a century of experience across the CK team, consisting of architects, designers, technicians and a huge network of other professionals that we have available across the Huddersfield area ready and waiting to bring your project to life.
Get in touch with the team today to get free comprehensive advice on any project you’re looking to have designed, and we’ll do whatever we can to help you.
CK Architectural Leeds
Contact us today to discuss all your project needs
House Extensions in Huddersfield
House extensions are massively popular in the Huddersfield area as well as the rest of the county. They’re an amazing way to give a whole new angle to your home, providing you with the features that matter to you the most without having to give up space elsewhere. Single storey extensions provide amazing ways to add practical space like kitchens, ground floor bathrooms, utility rooms and living areas, and double-storey extensions give all that and even more with the exact same space upstairs, too.
Our architectural designers will work with you through every step of your project to make sure that it is created with your preferences, style and the purpose you want the extension in mind at every turn. Whether it be a side, front or rear extension, we have all of the skills required to give you the best quality of work.
Loft Conversions in Huddersfield
We also provide loft conversion designs and project management in the Huddersfield area, as this is one of the most popular and most affordable home renovations there are. Adding one is an amazing way to utilise the space that you already have in your home and convert what is often poorly used storage space into your own personal added storey, purpose-designed for whatever you’d like to do with it.
Working with us, you have the opportunity to design your loft to fit exactly what you’d like to do with it, whether you need a dormer loft conversion to utilise your own games room or a new master bedroom, as well as more standardised options like a classic roof light loft conversion to make a creative space to relax, to study or even somewhere for family time.
Process of application
We know exactly what is legally required to be in place before you begin building your house in West Yorkshire. Our clear planning application extension plans present your design in the correct scales, site maps, and every other necessary component to validate the application.
We will check the design against the planning guidance such as overdevelopment, impact on the street scene, right of light, overshadowing, loss of amenity and outlook, massing/dominance, loss of privacy, and other factors that could affect the project.
Permitted Development Requirements
An extension (Single storey rear extension or single storey side extension) or addition to your house is considered to be permitted development, not requiring an application for planning permission, subject to the following limits and conditions:
- No more than half the area of land around the “original house” * would be covered by additions or other buildings
- No extension forward of the principal elevation or side elevation fronting a highway.
- No extension to be higher than the highest part of the roof.
- Single Storey rear extension must not extend beyond the rear wall of the original house* by more than three metres if an attached house or by four metres if a detached house.
- In addition, outside Article 2(3) designated land* and Sites of Special Scientific Interest the limit is increased to 6m if an attached house and 8m if a detached house until 30 May 2019.
- These increased limits (between 3m and 6m and between 4m and 8m respectively) are subject to the prior notification of the proposal to the Local Planning Authority and the implementation of a neighbour consultation scheme.
- If objections are received, the proposal might not be allowed.
- Maximum height of a Single Storey rear extension of four metres.
- Extensions of more than one Storey must not extend beyond the rear wall of the original house* by more than three metres.
- Maximum eaves height of an extension within two metres of the boundary of three metres.
- Maximum eaves and ridge height of extension no higher than existing house.
- Single Storey Side extensions to have a with maximum height of four metres and width no more than half that of the original house.
- Materials to be similar in appearance to the existing house.
- Roof pitch of extensions higher than one Storey to match existing house.
- Materials to be similar in appearance to the existing house.
- No verandas, balconies or raised platforms.
- Upper-floor, side-facing windows to be obscure-glazed; any opening to be 1.7m above the floor.
- On designated land* no permitted development for rear extensions of more than one Storey.
- On designated land no cladding of the exterior.
- On designated land no side extensions.
Visit the UK planning portal for more advice or book us to come for a chat.
Do you have any
Contact us at CK Architectural Leeds or submit an enquiry online
New Build House Designs
Building houses and other properties from scratch is another thing that is rapidly growing in popularity. Self builds as well as new build developments can be a great way to utilise the land that Huddersfield has to offer at lower prices than buying may pose. After registering your interest with the Kirklees council, we come on board to help make sure the right designs are in place for the highest chances of success with planning, building control and all other parts of the building process too.
We work with you to create the design best fitted to your requirements, from budget-friendly starter homes through to advanced eco-homes that will protect your wallet and the planet for years to come. We also provide additional services such as 3D visualisation as well as project management services to carry out the entire build alongside you.
Building Project Management in Huddersfield
Building and construction on any scale might not be the easiest process. There’s a lot of different aspects involved in making your design come to life, and having experts at the helm can make sure that quality and efficiency are at the heart of every step of the way.
We work with you and the builder directly to make sure things run as smoothly as possible, preventing and quashing any issues should they arise, and generally making sure that the standards of your project are as high as they can possibly be with our extensive project management service.